Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Big Four-Year-Old

*sniffle*

He's FOUR!

Three is still *kind of* a baby. But there is an inescapable fact staring me in the face now. Garrett is NOT a baby. He's a little boy.

Of course I knew this, because he doesn't act like a little baby, but gosh, time has gone by so fast. This birthday has made me want to cuddle him more often. Because he's getting so old, so quickly.

It's been a big year for Garrett. He started preschool. He is getting pretty good on his trike, the trampoline, riding the scooter, etc. He started Sunbeams. He rocks at the Wii. (He is a backseat Wii-er though.

Also, he and Ella are becoming the Dynamic Duo. They spend the mornings devising all sorts of games. They color, they play with the Little People and superheros in the dollhouse, Garrett plays the Wii and Ella flails the inactive remote about as she impersonates Garrett. It's hilarious and touching.

While a tiny part of me is nostalgic for baby Garrett, I am excited to see what this year brings. And I am lucky that he's such an eager cuddlebug.

Happy Birthday, bud.

3 comments:

Trimble said...

So sad, I dread the day...beautiful pic though!

Linda said...

Happy birthday to Garrett! It is rather bittersweet sometimes to watch them grow up.

Kathryn said...

What a doll. Really - thru & thru, he's just so sweet.

And I'm still grateful for his concise directions to the cupcakes at Walmart - "four blocks down"

Happy Birthday, Mr. Garrett!!