Thursday, April 29, 2010

It's been so long since I've posted

I don't know why I always feel like I need something really amazing to post about. When I read blogs, especially of people I know, I usually just like to know what's up in their lives. What are their little triumphs and what are their daily concerns.

I need to get better about doing that again.

For the most part, things are great. The kids are loving the warm weather. They go outside and play and bring half of the front yard in on their clothes. ;) Yay! Spring is here! I will gladly take the extra laundry if it means that the days of warm weather, outdoor fun, and social times are back.

McKay has done wonderfully this year. He asks before he leaves now. He loves to go visit our amazing and wonderful neighbors, the Farleys. If I call and ask if he can come over, Amazing Eve lets him come over and play. If he shows up and I have not called, she knows he's left without permission and sends him along home. I cannot tell you how this has changed our lives. Suddenly Spring is amazing and fun and wonderful. Not a constant running headache. Love Eve.

Ella loves playing outside. She's discovered riding tricycles, and playing with little neighborhood friends. She seems almost unbearably old! She also has such an expressive demeanor. With all of the warm weather has come pollen. Her little nose was running, so she came to me and said, "Ewwww mom! Icky water in Ella's nose!" Ha! I love how 2-year-olds think. And I love hearing all about it.

Life's been busy. We've been booking weddings and families and babies for photographing. Darwin's always busy with work or with being the most supportive husband ever. That IS a rough job, but he does it so well. We're still on the homework train. There's always laundry to do. But life feels so beautiful in the spring, doesn't it?

3 comments:

Trimble said...

Thanks for the update :) What's the news on the accordion, btw?

Rachel said...

We're working on saving up the $200 it costs for the one he wants. (He has the picture printed and pasted on his wall.)

Cynthia said...

woo hoo for updates and the spring pictures are beautiful.