Sunday, August 23, 2009

Random, random, random

Gosh, I've been bad about blogging. Probably because I've just been so busy doing stuff. Which seems kind of ironic. I mean, now I have stuff to blog, but not the time, and before I had the time, but not as much to blog.

But here is a vain attempt to catch up on everything.

1) The kids are back in school! Yay! *sniffle*

I love having them home...until they fight and make messes. Then I MOSTLY love them home. By the end of the summer, it was a lot of fighting and messes, so school seems like a good option. They are all excited to go back.

Michael and McKay have the same teacher this year. Mrs. Chirrick. She is truly a rockstar. I just love her. I foresee a great year this year. Yeah, we still miss Harris, but the boys are in awesome hands.

Hannah started first grade with Mrs. Templeton. I really am impressed with what I see. I think she will be super for Hannah. I just can't believe Hannah is old enough to be in school all day. I spent most of Thursday as a nervous wreck. I worried she would not figure out the cafeteria. I worried she would not find her class. I worried she would not get back on the bus for home. She proved me wrong in all of these areas and came home cool as a cucumber. Silly mommy.

Garrett is going to start preschool on Tuesday. He is beyond thrilled. He's actually just miffed he had to wait until next week. He's such a good boy, he'll do great. He wakes me up each morning with, "Wake up mom! You can't sleep! It's a wonder day!" Awwww.

Ella is going to be kind of bored on the days Garrett is gone especially. Just me and her. But I think it will be good for her. I think the hospital was one of the few times it was JUST her. She is usually part of the crowd.

2) Business is good. Busy, but winding down from the breakneck speed of the summer. We have jobs a few times a week, but it is just not the impossible schedule we were keeping before. Still, we're getting a really full website. So that's good.

3) Ella is doing a lot better. She's gaining back some of the weight she lost and is full of energy again. I am so glad. She was just not herself. She's back to smiles and giggles and happiness. Thank heavens.

I have a couple pictures, but I need to resize them. I'll make a post specifically for pictures in a bit.

3 comments:

Trimble said...

Glad the kids are doing well in school and Ella's doing better.

Kim said...

I'm glad Ella is gaining back the weight she lost. That little girl can't afford to lose weight. And I just love how Hannah is so grown up. She can definitely take care of herself at school.

Cynthia said...

thanks for the update! I do imagine things will slow down tons with three kids in school all day and one in preschool. What will you do with yourself?!?! lol