Saturday, September 19, 2009

Harry Potter mania!

My English major heart is so proud and full. Hannah and I have been reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone together each night and she has been loving it. We ran down to our wall of bookshelves in the basement tonight and grabbed my copy of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets to start tomorrow night.

It't so much fun passing on a love of reading (and a love of Harry Potter) to my daughter. She amazes me with her quick understanding of the nuances and with the insightful questions she asks. It's been a really fun and special time each evening. I'm loving it. I'm already planning for what other books we'll share when Harry Potter is over.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Are you going to read the scarier books with her? This is what keeps me from reading them with Jonathan. Although, I think Hannah is braver than Jonathan so maybe she'll be fine with it.

Rachel said...

I am not sure that I will read her the scary ones. I am just not sure. She is fairly brave and I can also modify a little, but some parts are pretty scary.

Decisions, decisions.

Cynthia said...

definitely so fun to share books with our children!

Kathryn said...

SO fun!! Russell read all the Harry Potter books aloud to the family. He had special voices & accents for each character & the kids would laugh so hard if he accidentally switched them!

What great memories..