Thursday, May 6, 2010

Quality time

I am still not sleeping well.

So I'm all caught up on Lost. I also have seen all of the House episodes. Now I watch Castle at 3:30 am. A year ago I did over 65 hours of online Photoshop training at 3:30 am.

But, in the last few weeks, I've decided to just be still.

Usually Ella or Garrett have climbed into our bed by this time of the night. So, rather than getting up and trying to find something to do to keep my mind off of the quickly advancing hours that I'm not sleeping, I've decided to just be still and listen to their breathing and watch them sleep.

I still don't fall asleep again, but there is something so beautiful about watching my kids when they sleep. It feels like bottling a little bit of time. They're getting so unbearable big and while I adore each new stage and discovery, it is hard to give up their precious baby years.

I guess I can count insomnia as a blessing in the end.

2 comments:

Trimble said...

My best times of inspiration come when I'm just sitting and feeding Dek. It's nice to just sit and reflect and enjoy your babies. :)

Kathryn said...

I'm going to print this & keep it by my bedside for the nights when I'm wide awake...

But it would help if I had some little ones snoozing besides me, wouldn't it? ;)