Thursday, June 18, 2009

George Washington

Oops, I have neglected the blog for a bit. I've been fairly busy and I will have an announcement fairly soon, and things ought to slow down a bit (maybe) and I'll be back to blogging lots of randomness. So never fear. (I know you were.)

But I just had to share this. Mr. Harris brought McKay this sweet teddy bear for his baptism. It explains the promises we make at baptism in simple, kid-friendly language. Love it.

To paraphrase, it says we promise to 1) Bear the name of Jesus Christ. (Doing what we think He would want us to do. 2) Bear others burdens. (Being kind and loving to all.) 3) Bear testimony. (Sharing what we believe with others through what we say and what we do.)

Isn't that SO sweet?

Well, McKay loves it too. He carries it all around and sleeps with it each night. I asked what his name was and McKay said his name was George Washington, but that we should call him George for short.

So here's McKay's beloved George Washington.

7 comments:

Kim said...

You have me curious about your announcement. The bear is adorable! I am totally going to steal that idea for when Jonathan is baptised.

Trimble said...

Very cute!

Kathryn said...

That is the BEST idea for a baptism gift!! Can I get a copy of the written tag?? I've got a nephew's son who this would be perfect for!!

YEA for Mr. Harris. What would the world be without that amazing man?!?

PS - the announcement??? Photography businesses & babies come to mind...

Markell said...

Oh, you have to call me first and give me the warning if it's what I think it is.

Cynthia said...

That bear is really cute!
And you have made us all curious about your announcement! I am thinking the same two thoughts as Kathryn.

Melanie said...

I love the bear idea. Thanks for sharing.

Alison said...

TOO CUTE!!