Monday, June 1, 2009

Weekend Round-Up

So, how I could have neglected to post this, I'll never know. But...Garrett is totally potty-trained. YAY! He's been that way for awhile. Since I'd had such a long go of it with other children, I took a much more laisse faire approach with Garrett. I'd gently suggest it, try for a bit, and back off when he would not take the bait. I would suggest different tactics and see which ones seemed to pique his interest.

(Hmmm, I am debating if I should post the hilarious one that DID take. Seeing as it is about potty-training it might be gross. But then maybe it would help some other potty-trainer out there. See my dilemma? Maybe I'll post it below, and you can turn away if you don't want to read about it. ;) )

The other funny weekend thing was I got my laptop back! Finally! Oh, I was so happy. Usually they send it via Overnight Express, but for some reason, the first leg of the trip of me shipping it in, it went by Ground and took over a week to GET to Dell. Then they shipped it back quickly, but I was not expecting it and I missed the Fed Ex guy. D'oh. Anyway, the stars aligned and the Fed Ex man and I exchanged my signature for the laptop, and all was right with the world....until...(duh, duh, dunnnnn....) the new a/c adapter they decided to send along with my laptop turned out to be a dud and would not charge my laptop. So, until next Wed., my laptop is without power. It is ALMOST funny. But I did add new memory to my desktop, so all is well there too.


*****The Potty-Training Method (turn away now, if you don't want to read about it******

So, Garrett has really been into parties lately. I told him his poopies (yeah, see, are you regretting reading it now?) wanted to go visit their other friends down the toilet at the Poopy Party, but they were sad, because they were trapped in the diaper and thrown in the trash and would never make it to the Poopy Party.

That was all it took. Ha ha ha.

6 comments:

Trimble said...

How frustrating! The potty training story is funny. Good to know he's potty trained. I'll let the ladies in nursery know, we were actually talking specifically about him so good to know he is potty trained. :)

Cynthia said...

Thanks for the laugh! And thanks for posting the method- I really wanted to know!

Maggie David said...

That's really funny! Congratulations on the potty training succes! YAY!

http://www.pottytraininginfants.com/

Linda said...

LOL!!ver clever.
I hope when the charger comes there are no more problems with the computer.

Kim said...

I could have used the Poopy Party idea a few years ago. Remember when Jonathan was too sad to part with his poop?

Kathryn said...

YEA, GARRETT!! :)

And congrats on the laptop! We'll take the little victories where we can get them, right?