Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Girls' Night Out

Last night was a blast.

Hannah got a coupon for a free kids' meal at Applebees from school since she got all 100's and Outstandings on her report card. She really really wanted to use it. So I told her I'd take her. She also asked if we could take Ella, so it could be the girls. I thought that was a great idea.

So we went last night and it was great. Hannah loved her special time out. She told me all about school and her best friends and her favorite things to do and the boys that bug her. She laughed and told me silly jokes and asked about a hundred questions about things on the menu and things in the restraunt.

Ella had a great time too. She ate her jar of baby food, and then proceeded to eat some of Hannah's french fries and mom's mashed potatoes and zucchini. I think she went home stuffed. She smiled the whole time and everyone who passed her smiled and said hi and most patted her head. She really enjoyed the evening.

Then we went and picked up a couple of Christmas gifts at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Again, Hannah took the time to just look at everything. She kept saying, "I'm going to work really hard for all Os again, so we can do this!" I think we might have a tradition.

6 comments:

Cathie said...

I love having Girls day out with Demi. She thrives on it and loves it! she has a coupon for pizza, I think an girls night out is in order!

Trimble said...

So cute!

Cynthia said...

What a fun girl's night out. I love having daughters, too!

Fancypants said...

I'm a girl. I wasn't invited.

Hee-hee. I do that with P and K sometimes. It's good to have that one-on-one time.

Megan said...

That is so sweet that she wanted to include Ella. What a great sister.

Kathryn said...

Don't you just love little girls?? Girls Night Out is a fabulous tradition. I second that motion! :)