Friday, December 12, 2008

Quirks!

Melanie tagged me to list 6 of my quirks. So, without further ado, my 6 latest quirks. I did a similar tag a few months back (not this one specifically, I don't think...) and so I am trying to not replicate my answers from that.

1. I do not watch TV on my TV. I rarely watch TV, and when I do, it is on my computer. (I only watch Lost, Dancing with the Stars and sometimes The Office.) I do watch videos on my TV.

2. I will steal Melanie's about flushing all public toilets with my foot. I also take it a step further and use a paper towel to turn off the water and open the door after I wash my hands.

3. I find myself studying the catchlights in people's eyes while they talk. I bet they think I am a really intense listener. Heh.

4. I really like Fisher Price Little People. I wonder if I'll be able to give them away when my kids grow out of them? All of my kids have played with them (and they all still do, even the older ones) and there are lots of memories tied up with them. I am very attached now.

5. I am still pondering over whether there are more kids for our family or not. I think that is quirky, because honestly, most people in our shoes would probably KNOW they were done. I just can't get that inner peace yet. I know we seem crazy to people outside (and probably inside) our family, but we're very happy with our little world. I just have no answer one way or another yet.

6. I don't have pierced ears. Never have.

I tag anyone who would like to participate.

5 comments:

Trimble said...

I think it's great that you are patient and willing enough to be open to having more children. No one understands your situation and knows what's "more than you can handle" other than you (okay and maybe the guy upstairs)!

Adrian said...

I think you have a sweet little family and I dont think your crazy. I still cant decide if I'm done, and I'd like to either move on it or be content...but neither seems to suit us right now.

Alison said...

The fisher price little people are definitely worth saving for the grandkids!
I never knew you didn't have your ears pierced! So I am curious...what is your take on the ear piercing thing for Hannah and Ella. My mom didn't have her ears pierced and so we had to wait until age 12, but we all ended up piercing our ears.

Rachel said...

I honestly have not formed an ear piercing policy, as yet. Hannah was talking about getting her ears pierced the other day, but I know I think she is too young right now. Maybe 8? Maybe 12? I know she really really wants clip-ons, and I am good with that.

I mostly want her to be old enough to take care of them. So maybe when I feel like she is able to brush ALL of her teeth alone (all of the back, and all surfaces of the teeth) then that will be a good indicator? Maybe when I feel like she can take care of all other personal hygiene completely, then that will be the point I could add another thing to take care of?

Good thinking question. Hmmmmm....

Kathryn said...

How fun to learn more about you! :)

I rarely watch actual TV, but I'm addicted to my DVR.

Amen to foot-flushing & not touching the door handles!

Yep - thought you were really listening.

SAVE THE FP PEOPLE!! My kids played with my old FP people - from the 70's! Save 'em for the grandkids.

You'll know when you're done. I never believed it, but it's so true. As soon as we conceived Kendall, I knew she was the last. Be open to the spirit and you'll just know. :) (Or you could just adopt me! I'd love to be a Rehart!)

Pierced ears...finally begged my mom into it when I was 13. Megan got hers at 12. Kendall just started asking. Alix says "NO WAY!" I agree with the "when they can take care of them" policy.

Or just clip-ons & maybe they'll forget about it...