Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Oops

We have a tradition of buying an engraved ornament for each child's first Christmas. Usually it has required a trip to the mall, about 18 miles away. But the results were always really nice. They had a nice choice of silver or pewter ornaments to choose from and they engraved them.

So, today, we all packed up in the van and made the trip down to Orem to get Ella's ornament.

But I forgot the stroller. And Garrett fell asleep. So, it was Darwin and I carrying Ella and Garrett and holding McKay's hand and keeping eagle eyes on a very distracted Michael. We walked to the spot where we remembered the shop...and it was gone. We walked a little more in the vicinity...it was still gone. Then we asked another shop if we were in the wrong area of the mall...nope, it was gone.

D'oh!

So, I came home and ordered one from online. It should be here in about a week. I figure when it gets here, I'll take a picture of all of the kids' ornaments.

Still, I guess it wouldn't be Christmas without at least ONE trip to a mall, right?

4 comments:

Fancypants said...

Sorry about that. I hate it when that happens. Can't wait to see what all the ornaments looks like.

Megan said...

Ugh. That sounds like a cute idea with the ornaments. Where did you end up getting it? I need to think of what to do for Angie. I got a free ceramic hand print when she was born but I want to get something else also.

Rachel said...

I went to ThingsRemembered.com, since that was where I got all of the other kids' ornaments and I wanted them to match.

It was more expensive online. Boo.

But the ornament was very cute. And it is a tradition.

Alison said...

Online shopping is the best invention ever!