Sunday, December 7, 2008

Happy Halloween!

This is what Garrett has been proclaiming since, well, Halloween.

It was the first year that he really "got it", as far as Halloween goes and he was totally enthralled. He got to dress up, knock on ANY door he wanted, and he got a bunch of candy. I mean...what could be better than that?

He's been trying to convince us it is Halloween every single day. We keep trying to tell him that it is Christmas, and that he'll like it even better, but he's pretty skeptical. I mean, dressing up? Candy? How do you beat that?

While I've warmed up to Halloween since having kids, it isn't my favorite holiday, so I am kind of hoping he'll realize the magic of Christmas. We'll have to do a nativity so we can dress up, and I hear Santa is bringing candy AND toys.

The mind of a 2-year-old is so funny and Garrett is just a riot all the time. But this constant "Happy Halloween" to everyone just has me in stitches.

In honor of Garrett, "Happy Halloween, folks!"

5 comments:

Kim said...

Well, since your kids dress up all the time, Christmas should be even more fun. Dress up, toys and candy. That has to beat Halloween.

Today in church Garrett ran by us and Jonathan said "Isn't Garrett cute?"

Trimble said...

And a big Happy Halloween back to you both! :)

Fancypants said...

I have some leftover candy...does he want it?

Berkley, a fellow 2 year old, proclaims she is going to Disneyland. We try to tell her "No sweetie, we already did that." She happily tells me again that she's going to Disneyland.

I love this age.

Melanie said...

Have you ever shown him the nightmere before Christmas? I don't personally recommend it for his age (or any age really) but it blends Christmas and Halloween together...hehe

Cynthia said...

You now that come December 26th, it is going to be Merry Christmas until Easter hits!