Saturday, March 7, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Pictures will be coming soon. I'm just sayin'.

We got the little wooden playhouse at Costco this afternoon for the kids. Darwin has been assembling it and there has been an air of barely contained euphoria amongst the kids today.

Lots and lots of, "I love you SOOOO much mom!" or "Dad's the best builder ever!" or "We have a playhouse! We have a playhouse!"

Kinda fun.

They also have been big helpers, assisting in the construction when allowed, and backing off and finding something else to play with when asked. We just need to move it to the other side of the backyard and put the roof on.

Michael's been asking for a clubhouse since he was about 3, so we're long overdue. Lucky for us, he seems about as excited at 9.5 as he did about the idea at 3.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Ooh. Jonathan is gonna be so jealous! All we have in our backyard is poop.

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!! I've seen that playhouse at Costco....love it!

Harrision asks me each week (since I'm a Costco regular) if we can buy the playset they have. I've promised him that when we buy a bigger house (hopefully next year) we can get him one.

You're kids are going to have a blast!!

Rachel said...

Heh, no need for him to be jealous. Send him over!

And those Costco playsets are amazing Maureen. We have a tubular metal one that McKay swings on everyday he can (and an inside swing for the winter.) Darwin and I have come to realize when he grows out of it, we'll have to buy one of the big wood ones, because I think swinging will be a lifetime pursuit with him.

Sarah said...

Sounds like so much fun!!! We'll have an extra excuse to come over and visit now.

Kathryn said...

"Still as excited at 9.5..."

Heck - I'D be excited! :)

Just think - A place of my own where Quiet is King... *Sigh*Smile*