Sunday, March 1, 2009

Spring Beauty

I've been meaning to post this for a bit.
The crocus are in bloom!
I planted crocus just for this reason. They bring me so much joy each spring. Seeing them is like an early omen of warmer weather and the end of the bleakness of winter. (I do like winter...for the first few months.) By this point in the year, I am itching for new growth and fresh green colors, and the crocus just make me sigh with contentment.
(I thought it was funny though, if you click to look close, you can also see one of the first bugs of spring in the flower.)

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

so beautiful!

Linda said...

So pretty==Mine don't have buds yet. We were able to go on the CC roof yesterday, and I was surprised to see one of the purple prairie crocuses in bloom!

Trimble said...

Beautiful picture.