Friday, March 13, 2009

My cute toys...

Oh, ok. I'll share. But honestly, I just think these toys are SO cute. I rarely get all silly and emotional over toys, but these just take me back to my childhood. My kids have all loved the Little People toys, and I just thought it was too fun of an opportunity to pass up to introduce my kids to the toys I grew up with.
They're just reproductions (with some changes, they're not exact replicas), but they are really fun.
The little peg people are a lot bigger, so they're not choking hazards.

Which is good, since Ella likes to hug and kiss them.
And she's really adept at putting the little peg people into the chairs.

They are little carrying cases, rather than the bigger versions where the doors opened, etc.

Aren't they sooo cute?

8 comments:

Kim said...

Those are so cute. I'm thinking I want them too, even if I don't have a child young enough to play with them.

Trimble said...

Very fun. BTW- SO cute that Ella is in "like" with Danger. I'm sure they will become great friends!

Cynthia said...

I saw the red barn in one of the pics and immediately had to sigh. I had that type of barn when I was a kid and loved it. Little People are so fun to play with.
BTW, Ella's shawl is adorable!

Helen said...

I remember many hours spent playing with the Fisher-Price "finger people". I don't suppose they still fit on a child's fingers?? I had the airplane and the nursery furniture, Alison had the preschool, Cynthia had the barn, and we also had the train that I guess was Darwin's. My favorite was always the parking garage, though.

Melanie said...

I miss those toys too. I wish they made toys like they used too. Miss ya Rach, love your blog

Kathryn said...

I know they're SUPER un-safe...

...but my mom still has our original toys from when we were kids! And I LOVED sharing them with my kids. :)

I promise I'll buy the new, safe ones for my grandkids. (Doesn't THAT sounds strange??)

Rachel said...

They still kind of sit on their fingers. They are so cute. Awww.

Alison said...

Oh my gosh..I remember those! I love how they remake them to look old school!