Tuesday, March 10, 2009

It's official

Ella is my itty-bittiest baby.

Garrett and Ella had their well-child check-ups today and both are doing well.

Garrett is 35 lbs. and 40 inches. So he's 97th percentile for height and 90th for weight. He on-track for development and doing great.

Ella is 19 lbs. and 29 inches. So she's in the 50th percentile for height, but the 25th for weight. Although her head fits the profile of our other kids. 70th percentile. ;) She is the size Garrett and Hannah were at 5 months. Michael and McKay were about 6ish months when they hit 20 lbs.

I'm not worried over her. She eats well and is incredibly active, so I don't think there is anything up. Each child does their own growth thing. But I just never thought I'd see the day when I could have a baby of mine in their infant carrier past 1 year.

9 comments:

Jon and Jacque said...

Small babies are wonderful! All of ours have been off the bottom of the chart small in weight, though pretty average in height... We always just hope that the youngest will not be rear-facing still by the time the next baby comes along... which is a bit of a stretch for us!

Linda said...

I think Cynthia was even lower on the weight scale-- I never thought much about it, because like Ella, she was very active and very happy!

Kim said...

Ella is such a cute little thing. The way she crawls so fast, I'm not surprised at her weight. She must burn a lot of calories.

Jessica said...

Good to hear good reports. :) I've been meaning to tell you that I love the photo of Michael you have on your sidebar now. Oh, and did you get a photo of your crocus covered in snow yesterday???? GRRRRR! yucky snow!

Megan said...

How sweet to have a little peanut. I am sure before long she will find her own growth spurt.

Fancypants said...

Glad to know they are doing well, but I could have told you Garrett was perfectly healthy just by getting to spend time with him in Nursery. He is one smart whip! (and a good climber, and a good puzzle man, and a good sharer, and a good crawler under the table). He's very fun.

Rachel said...

Man, I should have!

Darn snow. Luckily crocus are used to snow, so they can get dumped on and still be good-as-new when the sun shines.

Kathryn said...

While I certainly can't relate to itty-bitty babies...

I can say that regardless of their size, kids always find a way to fill the room they're in. Miss Ella is no exception! :) Can't wait to hear what she has to say about things. I'll bet she's smart as a whip!

Anonymous said...

Mariah was little too...she didn't reach 20lbs until nearly 18 months (had to wait forever to turn her carseat around).

Garrett sounds the same age and weight as my Harrison....funny!