Monday, November 10, 2008

Brining the turkey

Two years ago was my first attempt at brining my turkey for Thanksgiving. I think it did turn out more moist and flavorful, but I was not crazy about the recipe I used. It just was not the WOW! everyone talked up. (Or maybe I was expecting too much?)


Do you brine your turkey? What recipe do you use? What are other Thanksgiving traditions you have?

Our newest and most favorite Thanksgiving recipe from last year was Pioneer Woman's mashed potatoes.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/2007/11/delicious_creamy_mashed_potatoes.html

Check them out...and then get on the elliptical and run for about an hour just for looking at them. ;)

2 comments:

Trimble said...

Again with the words I don't know. Sorry and good luck.

Cynthia said...

This year will be our first year attempting a turkey ourselves. Fortunately only our children will be the guinea pigs to this test.