Monday, November 17, 2008

I got a new lens today

I have SUCH a nice husband. He let me get a new lens about a week ago. We'd been planning it for awhile, but finally reached the amount of savings I needed. It arrived today.

I LOVE it. It is SO sharp. Where I used to have to fight for focus, it is almost a no-brainer now.

Anyway, I am in love with both Darwin and my new lens.
See how sharp Hannah is? I was just messing around and this was the first shot snapped with the lens.

Her eyes cropped at 100% Nifty!


Even a little closer than 100%. Of you look close you can see me and my couch and my window and the light on my floor, etc. Kinda fun.

8 comments:

Mary Denton Taylor said...

That is SO FUN!!!! But, you didn't tell us WHICH lens you got!! :) I'm very excited for you! Fun toys are always a good thing!!!

Of course, I might be your only blog reader who would want to know which one you got, maybe... lol

Rachel said...

This is probably true Mary!

I know you probably have tons of coooooool lens that would make me drool, but I really am so excited! It is the Tamron 28-75 f/2.8.

My expectations were sort of low, since it is a zoom and they are supposed to be a lot less sharp than primes. I mainly got it for convienence of indoor pictures or groups with a fixed ap. But my 50mm 1.8 is not nearly as sharp or easy to focus. (And I am sure some of that is user error, but even comparing pictures from a couple days ago, there is a major difference.) So, right now I am kind of in love.

Hee, fun toys!

Alison said...

WOW! Cool!

Trimble said...

Very fun!

Kim said...

The lens talk is all greek to me. I'm pretty sure Mary is the only one who understand it. But your picture looks great.

Anonymous said...

sweet! you are going to have so much fun!

Adrian said...

How exciting!! I have the 50mm 1.8and absolutely love it. I mainly use it for portraits, indoors...but I have been very happy with it. I wish I had more time to play with it. Your new one looks beautiful!! Have fun and show us some more pictures!!

Rachel said...

Adrian, I really like the 50mm too. And it is pretty sharp. (And it is a SUPER price! I think it has to be the best value out there.) I was just so surprised that a zoom was sharper.

I have the 85mm on my wishlist. The 1.8, because the 1.4 is too pricey for my blood. ;)