Tuesday, May 6, 2008

At the beep...

...Please close the fridge.

Yeah, the kids tended to leave the old fridge open a lot.

We just got a new fridge. The old one, in addition to being left open a lot, was quite old and had really messed up seals. So, really, leaving it open was not AS big of an issue as it could have been. Cold air was always coming out and the compressor was running constantly. Then the handle broke. It came with the house when we bought it, so it was at least 13 years old. Maybe older?

So, today the new one arrived. It is a lot bigger and there is only a scant few 1/10ths of an inch of clearance between the cabinet and the fridge top. Whew. But hey, it looks like it REALLY belongs.

BUT the greatest part?

If the kids leave the fridge door open after getting a drink of milk or something...it starts to beep. Suddenly the kids are RUSHING to close the door. I think I can live with this development!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Nice fridge! We saw them unloading it. I'm thinking my fridge might need to have an unfortunate "accident".

Cynthia said...

Nice looking fridge! Fits perfect.

Alison said...

I need a fridge alarm! That is cool. A leaving the light on in the pantry alarm would also be helpful. I'm glad it fits. Did you measure it previously or just get lucky.

Rachel said...

We did measure previously, but I kept worrying and worrying. I mean, it is not too hard to be off a couple 1/10ths of an inch, ya know? So I would say it is a combo of we measured and we got lucky!