Thursday, May 8, 2008

Oh! Look at what I found!

This is cool! Back 2 summers ago, Darwin started with a new job. They sent him and the whole family out to Washington DC to train. The family stayed for about 7 weeks and then came home for school. Darwin stayed a bit later. He came back in October.

It was such a great experience though. The kids STILL talk about when we were in Washington DC. I am shocked Hannah remembers. She turned 3 while we were out there, so it was quite long ago for her. They remember the apartment, that we dubbed "The Treehouse" since it was on the 4th floor and pretty much in the treetops. We had a great time, and considering we had 4 kids, the 3 bedroom apartment served us well, surprisingly. We also loved the pool at the apartment and made use of it nearly everyday.

The kids really enjoyed going to all the monuments and museums too. I am surprised at that too. They were fairly little. Michael had just turned 7, McKay had just turned 5, Hannah had her 3rd birthday towards the very end of our stay, and Garrett was 4.5-5.5 months old. It wasn't Disneyland, in terms of constant dynamic "entertainment." But, the kids really enjoyed the whole experience. They still remember and talk about a lot of it. I am really glad we got a good camera right before we left. (Although, it was the beginning of an obsession for me. I always liked cameras before, but finally having a good one showed me just WHAT pictures could be.) Looking back at the pictures is still enjoyable for the kids and for me. They can tell me stories and they want to go back again. I am glad we have that. We have a watermark in the history of the Rehart family. It is really pretty neat.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I love those picture videos with music- they make me feel so nostalgic, and I am not even in the pictures! (I did go visit Darwin out in DC while he was still there, though, so I do have fun memories of DC). You really have to teach me how you make one the next time I am out in Utah.

Mary Denton Taylor said...

I love your new blog Rachel!!! How very fun! Very cute slideshow too.