Monday, June 30, 2008

Round 'em up!





















We went to the Round Up parade on Saturday morning. I forgot my camera, which made me feel like a fish out of water. Some of the floats were so creative. I loved them. McKay is a marching band junkie. He wanted to follow all of them. He looked after them until they were out of sight. Maybe he'll be in the band one day. Probably. He has a good dose of band geek in him from his mom.

Then we came back later on that afternoon. Hannah and Michael were off for the afternoon, so it was McKay, Garrett and Ella. They rode ponies (led by the high school FFA club), ate cotton candy, ate slushies and watched some kids dance. We didn't stay for a long long time, but it was enough for the kids to think they were pretty lucky! I estimate they both consumed about 1/2 cup of pure sugar each between the cotton candy and slushies. Yeah, I'm all about health food.

I knew that when I sent off my camera to get a tune up and get fixed, photo ops galore would present themselves. Still, my Lumix did a passable job. Of course, I still am sad that they are not even close to what they could have been. But we caught the moment, and that is the most important thing.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Cute pictures! I can't believe we didn't see you at the park, we were there for hours. I forgot to take my camera and Jonathan got to chase a pig.

Fancypants said...

Sugar is a requirement at summer activities such as our awesome Round-Up days....plus it makes me feel better about the amount of sugar I feed my kids :-)

Cynthia said...

Yummy cotton candy!

McKay totally reminds me of Hailey. The very top picture of him made me do a double take.