Sunday, January 25, 2009

Choo-Choo!

On Saturday we went with Grandma R to Thanksgiving Pointe and saw the model train exhibit. The kids loved it. Especially Garrett and McKay. (Garrett's little wooden train from Christmas has proven to be a huge hit around the house, so this was great timing.)

There were lots of amazing models that must have taken their makers many many hours. I didn't get to see all of them, since some were on a stage and I was with the stroller, but the ones I saw were so neat.

Here is a sampling. I kept all of the photos big, so if you click on them, you can look up close.
What could this be? Yep, Hogwarts.
The Whomping Willow and the flying Ford Anglia.

Hagrid's hut, and Harry running down the path to visit Hagrid.

Can you see the Quidditch pitch? How about Dumbledore? And if you squint, you might see the horseless carriages. (Do you see Thestrals? ;) )
And here comes the Hogwart's Express!

Pirates! Made of Legos!
Star Wars! I think the square thing is the Death Star...

Michael really wanted a picture of the droids.

McKay was riding in style!


And Ella! Awake at nearly the end.

Isn't that fun? It was really really cute and very entertaining.

6 comments:

Fancypants said...

That looks like a lot of fun. We see that on the marquee every year but never go. Maybe we should re-think.

Trimble said...

How fun. We were wanting to attend but weren't able to make it so thanks for taking some pics and sharing. :)

Kathryn said...

Hey - is it all over?? I had no idea. Duh on me. Our kids love those things!

Glad you had fun AND love the new background! :)

Kim said...

Oh I'm sorry to have missed that. Jonathan would love it so will have to go next time. I like your new blog design.

Cynthia said...

How fun! The kids must have loved it. Hogwarts looks amazing.

Anonymous said...

I would have gone JUST to see that Harry Potter exibit....WOW!!