Saturday, January 10, 2009

Yummy, easy winter comfort food

This is my favorite easy soup recipe.

Vegetable Beef Soup

1 lb. stew meat, cut up.

3 medium carrots, diced.

2 med. potatoes, diced.

1 med. onion, diced.

1 clove of garlic, minced or crushed.

1 (12 oz.) can of tomato soup

salt and pepper to taste

Brown the stew meat, onions and garlic in 1 T olive oil. Add carrots, potatoes, and tomato soup. Add 3 C. water. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat, cover and let simmer about 20 minutes, until the potatoes and carrots are tender. If soup is too thick, add a little more water. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Mmmm.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy...this sounds delish! I was making out my menu for the week and wishing I had something new to make....

This just might do the trick. Thanks!

Melanie said...

Hey, you read my mind. This is exactly what I wanted to make..and eat today. How do you do it?!

Kathryn said...

Mmmmmmmmm..

What time's dinner?

(We'll bring dessert!)

Fancypants said...

Making me warm just reading it. I love soups in the winter.