Thursday, January 22, 2009

It's been a long, cold winter

Yep, more pictures.

It has been so cold out for so long. We've been staying indoors so much. We've also been sick on and off for a month. Ack. So, when I get all bored and need to get MY wiggles out, I forego dumping out lots of toys in the playroom (a favorite pasttime of other family members, who shall remain nameless...), and I pull out the camera and mess around. It IS my favorite toy afterall.

I wanted to try blacks and whites and exposing the white correctly without blowing it out or making it gray, and still getting the blacks dark. For the most part, I think it worked. Although on one picture, because of where I put the backdrop, the black looked weirdly blue. So, it was also a lesson in "seeing the light", as I moved my backdrop all around my front room. (My front room is tricky, because it has 4 windows--two that even have a rondelle on top--on two of the walls. This is why the kitchen is usually my room of choice, if I am using the backdrop.)

Anyway, heh, I know I post oodles of pictures of my kids. But dang, they are so cute. In fact, they're the reason I bought my camera anyway. ;)



Isn't she a joker? I thought this was too funny to not include.


Shooting wide + small indoor space=lens distortion=Hannah-the-bobblehead!

5 comments:

Trimble said...

Very cute, as usual!

Kathryn said...

ha! I was gonna say "Amazing! (as usual)" and then I saw Miss Jenny's comment above...

...hmmm...

Sigh. That's all I got - you're AMAZING.

As usual. :)

Melanie said...

she's so cute.

Anonymous said...

So how much do you charge?? :)

Rachel said...

Bwhahahaha. You are so funny Maureen.

I don't charge anything. I am also not a pro. But hey, it would be fun to get together. I have done a few family portraits and stuff, so I would totally love to do that for you guys if you ever wanted it.