Friday, January 9, 2009

When I'm Sixty-Four...

I was asking the kids what they want to be when they grow up. Here is what each of them told me.

Hannah insists she will NOT grow up. If I press and wheedle for an answer, she says she will bake me pizzas when I am old.

Michael wants to be a spy or a detective or a scientist.

McKay wants to be a Teletubby.

Garrett wants to be a farmer or a cowboy or a Superhero or a Gingerbread Man or a puppy. (His words.)

So, I should be set when I am older. Someone to make me pizzas. Someone to call when I lose my keys and stuff. Someone to entertain me. And someone to help me plant a garden, rustle my cattle, save the day, and snuggle with me. (Honestly, I can't think of any real benefit to Garrett becoming a baked good. I tried.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This made me laugh....you are such a good mom. I've tried to encourage my children to persue whatever they want in life....and have bitten my tongue a few times at their ideas.

Gingerbread man...oh he's a thinker, that one!

Kim said...

How cute! I'm with Hannah though, I don't want to grow up.

Bekah said...

Garrett as a Gingerbread Man? Well, if you need him to "run" errands ... and you can heat him up and then he can stand by the dirty laundry and make the house smell better ... if you're ever pressed for dessert without any time on your hands ... hee hee ... there are loads of benefits there! I'd tell him he's hired. ;)

Fancypants said...

Super cute! Which Teletubbie? Garrett is drawn to the farmer and barn in nursery. Makes sense now.