Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hannah and the Sun Lamp

Ity has been cold and dark for quite a few days. We got some full-spectrum lights to put in the house so that we will feel a little more cheery with all of the gray.

We were all bored last night. Everyone has been so sick with this deep chest/sinus cold and Ella and her ears, so we have not been going out at all. The kids want to get out and go swimming or something, but we're not ready for public appearances.

However, boredom is the mother of invention. The sunlamp is a lot of fun to use for some crazy, dramatic light. So of COURSE we took pictures. ;)

I think this one will be the cover of Hannah's debut album, Kindergarten Songs. ;)






How's this for a dramatic 5-year-old girl?

Sunlamps...good for the winter outlook, and good for some boring evening fun!

10 comments:

Fancypants said...

Great pictures. I love the last one...I feel like that right now!

Trimble said...

Love the pics!

Cynthia said...

Keep up the photography practicing- you are so going to be pro! Looks so good!

Kim said...

Cute pictures! Hannah is a good little model. Where did you get your sun lamps? I think I really need one of this this winter.

Rachel said...

Where do I ever get anything? Heh. Costco. Always Costco.

Well...or maybe Target.

But this time, Costco. (In the pharmacy section, on an endcap very close to the Prescription Counseling window.)

Kim said...

Ugh. I thought it might be Costco and I was just there and looking in the completely wrong part of the store. I'll have to go back.

Adrian said...

Love the pictures!! Love the ones you took of the trimbles too!

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful...and you so talented! Have you always been interested in photography? (if so...I was very UNobservant when we were in college)

Rachel said...

I actually got a lot more interested after having Michael and McKay. They both have autism (I don't know if you know that?) and so getting good pictures both in a studio setting (with bright, flashing strobes and an unfamiliar environment) and home snap shots (with the bright, in-your-face on-camera flash) were always really bad.

The boys were always wincing in pain and turned away and it just never captured who they were.

So, I have really tried to learn how to use natural light to photograph them (since that is the most comfortable for them) and when necessary I use a flash and bounce it off the ceiling, so they are not bugged by an in-you-face approach.

I just felt like I had to do something, because I had stacks of pictures where you could barely tell who was in the picture, let alone anything about who they were.

:D

Kathryn said...

Wow. When I grow up, I wanna be as pretty as Hannah!

Or maybe I just need to find a great photographer with a cool lamp (and extensive knowledge of Photoshop, to be honest) to MAKE me as pretty as Miss Hannah!

Good stuff.