Friday, August 1, 2008

Another Michael and Hannah brag

So Michael decided today that he REALLY wanted to go to McDonald's tonight. I mean, afterall, they have SpyGear in their Happy Meals! Who doesn't want SpyGear? So he enlisted Hannah in the plan. (They ALSO have Polly Pockets. So, yeah, Hannah was on board with that.)

Michael started with his usual tactic of incessant asking. I told him I didn't know and that we had to wait for dad to come home. He kept asking and asking and I told him the asking was not helping his cause. In fact, it was getting on my frayed nerves. I asked him what he thought would help convince me and dad to let him go.

Well, he went up and cleaned his room and then helped Hannah clean hers. And then they cleaned the playroom. Hannah even used the hose on the vacuum to clean up some stray popcorn kernals from their snacks today. When Darwin got home, they showed off their hard work and then asked, very nicely.

Darwin was very very impressed and they are at McDonald's as we speak. (I am home with 2 sleeping babies.) I was very impressed with Michael's ability to work that one out and to come up with something that would further his cause. I am ALSO very impressed with how clean those rooms are.

Yay for SpyGear.

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

Sounds like a win-win situation! And that is great that Michael figured something he could do, rather than you having to specify.

Megan said...

What a great way to teach them how to do something positive instead of something negative.

Fancypants said...

Any suggestions on what I could do in order for you to take ME to McDonalds?

Rachel said...

Bwhahaha, cleaning a few rooms in my house is ALWAYS an inducement...;) I'd even get you a SpyGear Happy Meal!