Monday, August 18, 2008

The party of the century...

Or so it felt.

It was so much fun. By the time all was said and done, there were 29 different kids who were at the house that day. Twenty six who came to the party and 3 who stopped by afterwards. We were pretty busy!

But all the girls got their nails painted, complete with little gems on the toes and embellishments with the paint.

Then we did a pinata and cake and ice cream and presents. I thought I was being generous allowing 2 hours for all the festivities, but no. We were rushing like mad people trying to fit everything in at the end.
The first group of girls washing their feet in the bubbly wading pool.
The basket of nail polish, towels, clippers, nail files, cotton balls, nail polish remover, gems, etc.
Hannah waiting for her polish.
One of the girls getting her toes done.
Hannah's finished nails
Hannah surveying some of the cupcakes.
Hannah's cousin Andrea after enjoying some cupcakes.
Hannah hugs Alanna after opening her present.

6 comments:

Fancypants said...

So much fun!!! I want my nails done too. What a great mom you are.

Kim said...

Cute pics, but where's the one with Garrett's frosting goatee? I love how Hannah gave every one a great big hug after opening their present. She's a sweet girl.

Alison said...

What a great party!! How did you get everyone's toe nails painted? Michaela's nails actually looked really nice for her first day of school. She probably wouldn't have had them painted otherwise(we kind of are anti nailpolish right now after the Steen dumping it out on the stairs). Anyway, I love the pic of Alanna and Hannah and the picture of Andrea made me laugh. What can I say...my kids enjoy their food. "If it doesn't get all over the place, it doesn't belong in your face."

Kathryn said...

FUN party!! Can I steal it for Kendall? :)

Makes me want to be 5 again.

(We should have a mom party like this!)

Rachel said...

Alison--Actually, there was a TON of help in the painting department. My mom, your mom, Christie W., Kim, and Helen all helped paint. Darwin removed old polish. I did gems on the nails and did the flowers or polka dots, etc. It was fun.

Kathryn--We SO should do a mommy nail painting party. Hey Nancy, come over and we can ALL do our nails. I have one meeeeeellllllion colors. ;)

WatchMeLoseWeight said...

You are SUCH a good mommy Rachel! The party looks like a HIT!

Kate