Sunday, August 31, 2008

On the subject of hair

I have my first white hairs.

I felt so cool at 30 having no white hair. But then this summer hit.

This summer was literally stressful enough that I now have quite a few white hairs. In fact enough of them that I am thinking I might need to go get some highlights. I've done that before, but just for fun, just to look swankier. This time it would be to hide some of these short little white hairs sticking up around my head. My own little white halo.

However, I am actually kind of excited that my hair is going white. I always thought white was awfully dignified. So one day, I get to be a white-haired lady.

Rock on.

7 comments:

Alison said...

welcome to my world! The highlights are great at covering the whites. Of course, when you've earned each white hair, you do have the right to wear them with dignity!

Anonymous said...

i found little white hairs a few years ago and i'm only 28. i'm surprised you didn't get some sooner with all the stress in your life!~

Megan said...

Welcome to the world or grey/white hairs.

Cynthia said...

I have yet to have dyed my hair, but once those gray/white hairs hit I will be all about the dye.

Ahnah said...

Rock on. Welcome to the club. I seem to be the founding president, since I have had quite a few since I was 18! I need to full on dye my hair!

Kathryn said...

I don't have any yet...

I'm hoping I'll go white-haired too. I've always loved that on women. With my luck I'll go dirty-grey-mush color.

But the white will look BEAUTIFUL on you and we'll all be filled with envy! :)

Fancypants said...

Just wait until you see "natural highlights" in your eyebrows. I couldn't find the tweezers fast enough.