Monday, August 25, 2008

Everyone's back to school now!

Well, first off, I would like to point out that I did NOT end up on the evening news even ONCE this summer. So, since I accomplished my summer goal, I'd like to pat myself on the back a bit.

Ouch! Maybe I was patting too hard for such a modest goal? Of course, it didn't FEEL like a modest goal earlier in the summer with all the running and such.

Michael and McKay went back on Monday of last week. Both kids seemed like they've enjoyed themselves. McKay still is excited to see Wall-E in his classroom (yay for Harris!) and Michael has always just enjoyed school a lot. It is a very social experience for him. He's able to play with a lot of kids who really understand him. He looks forward to schools starting at the end of any break.

Hannah started Kindergarten today. It was so bittersweet. She is such a great helper and Garrett loves to play with her and bug the heck out of her. But she was beyond ready to hit the Kindergarten scene. Michael was so excited for her too. He even walked her to her class. Ok, let's have a collective "Awwwwwww" for the big brother.

Awwwwwwwww.
Hannah and Michael hamming it up this morning as they ate waffles and watched Curious George while waiting for the bus.Hannah smiling outside as we waited for the bus.

Michael and Hannah scamper onto the bus.
But where is McKay through all of this? Ooooh! Our sweet across-the-street neighbors were cleaning out their house and their daughter brought over the two snowglobes that McKay LOVES. He was pretty much in heaven ALL morning.

Sooo, he was a little behind in getting on the bus. Had to pack those snowglobes, ya know?

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Wow, 3 kids at school now. What are you going to do with yourself? Poor Garrett is going to need some playdates!

Fancypants said...

Congrats on accomplishing your goal. I've always wondered what I would do if I turned on the evening news and saw someone I knew. It actually did happen, but glad it wasn't you.

Have fun with your new quiet time.