Saturday, August 16, 2008

FIVE?!?

FIVE!

Hannah is FIVE???

When did this happen? Why didn't someone tell me it would happen this FAST? I think the years start going by exponentially faster the more kids one has.

I knew her birthday was coming. I was preparing. I am ready. The party is in a few hours. But it hit me. She is FIVE! Like...not a baby anymore. Come to think on it, she hasn't been a baby for quite awhile. But in my MIND, I can still remember bringing her home from the hospital as a little newborn. I can still remember the thrill when she started talking--and she has not stopped yet.

Here's to five years full of smiling, and loving, and friends, and talking, and princesses, and nail polish, and giggling, and pink Power Rangers, and helping, and learning, and accepting, and Barbie, and bracelets, and all of the wonderful things that having this wonderful, friendly, open, loving girl in our family means.

We are really blessed aren't we?

But seriously...FIVE?

5 comments:

Cynthia said...

Happy birthday Hannah! That is a really cute picture of her.

cathy said...

Happy birthday, Hannah! It is crazy how fast it goes - sigh. Looking forward to many more pictures and stories of your dear little girl. She is so gorgeous and such a great model!

Alison said...

Happy Birthday Hannah! My girls had a blast at your party. Have fun in kindergarten this year!!!

Mary Denton Taylor said...

Alayna was so so upset to miss out on the party! She was completely willing to skip out on 7 Peaks in order to be there. Unfortunately, her siblings were not. :) Hope it was a happy day!!!!! (And I don't even want to hear about all the growing up! My YOUNGEST is 4 and a half! That's crazy!)

Kathryn said...

This was a "smile thru slight tears" post for me. I've been having these moments (just with bigger numbers) quite a bit lately.

Everybody warned me the time would fly, but I still wasn't ready for it.

Lucky Hannah! She has you as her adorable, loving, wonderful mom. And lucky you - for all the same reasons.

Happy Birthday, Hannah!!