Friday, August 15, 2008

Back-to-School Night

Well, this is it. We are down to the wire.

Back-to-School Night was tonight. Hannah met her new Kindergarten teacher. I think Hannah is totally excited to go to school and was thrilled to see her new classroom. She knows her teacher and we're working on walking to class by herself. She still has a week before she starts, but she's getting geared up. In fact, I think we'll need to discuss how to stay calm during school, because she is so excited.

Michael knows his teacher, even though she is new to him, and he is excited to be in her class. He wanted to bring her a present (he brought her some paper cups ;) ) and he knows the classroom since it was his last year.

McKay was not sure about going back to class yet, but once he saw his teacher's AWESOME classroom theme...he was won over. It is a Disney/Pixar theme. McKay can't wait to go to class with Wall-E and Buzz. Woohoo, we have a winner! It is great. I think by the time Monday is here, McKay will be fairly begging to go back to see his classroom.

Update: Yup, McKay is hooked. Last night, as McKay was lying in bed he said, "Can I go back to school to see Wall-E?"

2 comments:

Kim said...

How fun! I imagine a lot of kids will wish they had McKay's classroom. I'm glad they all had a good back to school night.

Fancypants said...

I hope Mrs. Fotheringham works out. I have only good to say. I can't believe it's school time already!!!!