Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Could I BE any luckier?

My heart could possibly melt.


Please excuse the messy room. McKay loves pumping up balls lately. So all of our flat balls are getting fixed.

McKay and Garrett spent quite a bit of time running in the circle. The last one was how it ended. I alternately crack up and want to tear up a little. Awww.

And finally, McKay pushes Ella's swing. Look at her adoring eyes. She just LOVES her big brother. I know these are so gushy, but honestly, look at the depth of McKay's connection to the family. I know, as parents of autistic kids, we are SO blessed with how strong his bond is with the whole family and with how much outward affection he shows every single day.

5 comments:

Kim said...

That is so sweet. McKay is such a good big brother. I've always thought McKay was very loving, which I've heard is not common in autistic children. Maybe I heard wrong because McKay always gives me a hug when I see him and he seems affectionate with his primary teachers as well.

Linda said...

Grandma teared up! That is really special, thanks for sharing! Grandma Rehart:)

Mark Salinas said...

Very nice! :)

Cynthia said...

I love it when siblings get along and take care of each other. Precious!

Christiejo said...

Rachel,
I know that McKay's great love and connection with the family is due to your great parenting of him. You deserve mom of the year.