Monday, September 29, 2008

Expensive morning

Our garage door was having some issues on Saturday. It didn't want to go down.

We figured it was the electronic eyes. We thought they were probably a little off. No dice. It was the motor gear dying. The repairman showed me the metal bits all around the motor housing. So the chain was hitting those and the broken teeth on the gear and coming back up.

Soo, we are now the proud owners of a new garage door opener. Man, they cost a lot, no? Still it is a lot quieter and it seems a LOT smoother about opening. So that's a plus.

Thanks to Mom R for validating my choice of which model to pick. Darwin was at work, and not able to get to the phone, and I never make choices for $600, so it was nice of her to let me call her and get her input. It made me feel a lot calmer about making the choice. Ahh.

3 comments:

Kim said...

wow! This exact same thing happened to us a couple years ago. We had to pay about $600 for ours also. Way more than I had thought it would cost.

Rachel said...

I guess it is just time for the neighborhood's garage doors to die, eh?

So, folks from the 'hood reading the blog...beware.

Fancypants said...

La-La-La...I'm not listening to you......I don't want bad garage door karma to come to our street...La-La-La-La-La.......