Friday, September 26, 2008

Quirks

My sister-in-law Cynthia tagged me to write six unspectacular quirks about myself. And it is kinda tricky to pinpoint what, exactly, make me strange. But here is my crack at defining it.

1) I don't like to leave my house. I wouldn't say I was completely agorphobic, just that it takes a LOT for me to motivate myself to leave. Once I'm out, I have a great time. But leaving makes me feel a little jittery.

2) I am rediscovering myself lately. I am SO happy that I married Darwin. He has been the best thing ever for me. He is the love of my life. He is also extremely extremely left-brained. (This is not a bad thing.) So, for the most part, I just fall into my logical, practical side when I am with Darwin (which is most of the time). My logical side is a big part of me. But I completely forgot that I am primarily a right-brained, creative person. I majored in English! I was a band geek! I was a choir nerd! I love to draw! I like photography! I kinda let that part of me go and by getting back into contact with a lot of my college/high school friends recently (lots via this blog!), it reminded me that I need to excercise both sides of my personality.

3) I am allergic to most make-up. The fragrance gives me a headache and if it is not hypo-allergenic, I get all red and splotchy. So I usually go au naturalle.

4) I don't watch television really. We don't have cable, so we don't get any reception on our TV. (The kids watch movies on the TV and we can get PBS.) I just don't really enjoy much TV. I DO like to watch Lost and Dancing with the Stars online though. It is nice to be able to do it on my time though. However, I am finding that not watching TV sometimes leaves me at a loss in conversations with people.

5) I am adamant that laundry MUST be folded right out of the dryer. I don't allow it in baskets. It HAS to be folded as soon as it is out of the dryer. Back in the day, I would let it pile up to be folded, and that resulted in big, frusterating laundry piles. So I have banned laundry piles. And I have stuck to this for almost 2 years.

6) I am nearing the 10th anniversary of when I found out I was expecting Michael. That will also mark the fact I have been pregnant, nursing or both for a decade. So, I blame all my other quirks on this quirk.

I tag Nancy, Kim, Mary C. and Christie and Kathryn!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I am with you on the laundry. I immediately fold anything that will wrinkle. I will throw somethings in the basekt if I can't get to them right away, but then I will fold it within an hour or two and then I put it away immediately. What is the point of doing your laundry if you have clean clothes that are all wrinkly?!? Of course I still only have two kids and it isn't very difficult to stay on top of it. I may not be so good once a new baby comes. I am impressed with you doing it with five!

Kathryn said...

EEK! "Kathryn" that's me!

I'll get right on that...