Wednesday, September 10, 2008

This is just a test...

So, I decided to give my camera's focus a rigorous testing. I only used natural light and slow shutter speeds AND a wiggly baby, and tested how well my newly-fixed camera could lock on the focus. It did much better.

The problem was that the auto-focus points in the viewfinder and the actual places the auto-focus was trying to focus on were about 10% off (to the left the second time, up the first time), so when I was trying to lock on the eyes, it was hitting ears, the cheek, etc. This also explains why the camera would often just NOT lock. The focus locks on contrast, and while the eyes are nice and contrasty, the cheek is just not. So the camera was all confused as to what I wanted.

So, hopefully, this is the end of focus woes. (At least ones that are the camera's fault. The ones that are MY fault...that's another story.)

But I thought I'd share a few of the silly pictures of Ella I got. (She is so not impressed by cameras anymore.)
"Hmm, so this camera thing is back eh? *sigh*""Are we almost done yet?"
"Hey, is that a toy? Is she bribing me?""What? What are you looking at? This makes all this picture business more tolerable."

"Ok, seriously, I am just done now."

P.S. Why doesn't clicking on the picture make it bigger? Any ideas?

6 comments:

Linda said...

No helps for enlarging pictures, but you got some great shots! Those expressions are priceless and love the captions. Glad you got your camera back.
I also loved the stories of the fair. I'm glad you had such a great time with the family. Mom:)

Fancypants said...

I'm NOT a techie but I'm wondering if there is a setting in your blog setup that it not activated. I bet Mary T. would know. Sorry, the only thing I'm good for is ooooing and awwwing over your cutie patootie baby.

***OOOOOOO**AAAAAAAAA****

Fancypants said...

Oh yeah - are you coming to book club tonight at my house? If you so you can collect your dress and shirt!

Rachel said...

Woohoo, book club! Thanks for reminding me! I read the book even! And it made me want to talk, so yes.

Kim said...

She's such a cutie.

Unknown said...

Test Comment for "This is just a test..." I decided I would leave a comment for the first time, and this would be a good one to test on.
Darwin