Thursday, September 25, 2008

Hee hee

Since I am showing off what happens when I turn my back, here is an oldie, but goodie. It happened in early October of 2006.

The kids (Michael then aged 7, McKay 5, Hannah 3, and Garrett 6 months) and I had just come home from living in Washington DC for the summer and we'd left Darwin there for another 7 weeks to finish training for his new job. School was starting, so the kids had to come back. It had been a wonderful experience that summer, but there was certainly a lot going on as well. (Hee hee, ask Kim. We had our wood floor laid while we were gone and the floor layer moved--complete with his snake--into our house!)

But this particular day was a calm, low-key, rainy early fall day. I decided to have pizza delivered to the house and I was letting the kids paint with poster paint at the kitchen table.

I went to answer the door, retrieve the pizza, pay for it, and then I returned to the kitchen. In that timeframe, Hannah grew bored of her coloring book, looked for a new canvas, found one, and filled it with green paint.

Voila!

4 comments:

Kim said...

That is one of my favorite kid photos ever. I just love the look on Garrett's face.

Fancypants said...

Looks a little like one of Shrek's babies. Does poster paint stain?

Rachel said...

Nancy--Nope, it was Crayola poster paint. Crayola deserves some kind of mommy award for being shockingly unstaining.

Cathie said...

He is green with envy that he didn't think of the idea of painting himself!