Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Things I love lately

I'm in a lovey mood today.

  • I love my temporal thermometer. It is insanely easy to take my kids' temperatures. I remember thinking how lucky I was and how easy it was to take their temperatures with the ear thermometer, but this just beats that by a mile. I take my mommy hat off to all of the mommies past who had to do the *shudder* rectal thermometer method. They were pioneers and saints. ;)
  • I love Lavender Vanilla Downy Fabric Softener. Mmmm. It just makes doing laundry nicer. I also like to imagine that the aromatherapy calming of the lavender helps in the house. Probably wishful thinking.

  • I love Kirkland Signature Antibacterial Wipes. What can I say? They just make things faster
  • I love my big, fast, energy-efficient washing machine. Really, I STILL think it is so cool even 10 months later. It makes laundry less painful.

  • I love my blog. I love that I have somewhere to organize (and dump) my thoughts during the day. I also love being a stay-at-home-mom, but sometimes I have a lot of conversations going on with myself in my head. (Should I be admitting that? Surely all other stay-at-home moms talk to themselves in their heads?) It is nice to be able to post those thoughts and move on to others. The blog also has the built in bonuses of acting as a pretty up-to-date family history record and I love reading the comments to all my ramblings.
  • I love Johnson and Johnson No-More-Tangles spray. This makes doing Hannah's hair in the morning doable. It makes it easy to brush the tangles from her hair and it wets her hair enough that her hair looks fresh in the morning, even if she has slept on it after bathing the night before, making it all wacky. (Look! Amazon sells a 6-pack!)


  • I love my Phaunt Sunshine in my Hand action for my Photoshop program. It is just lots of fun. It saves pictures that I underexpose (and since I am still working on outdoor manual exposures and I am still hesitant to work with RAW since the files are SO HUGE, I do have lots of underexposed pictures) it is nice to have something to help fix that with jpegs without a lot of heartache. It's not a panacea (and I AM still working on correctly metering, using grey cards, metering once for a location and watching the histogram, etc....), but it is still nice to have.
  • I love Costco! It is just a fun store. It also provides the sizes we need for most things with 5 kids. (i.e. BIG!)
  • I love the state fair! They are having a Veggie Tales show tonight! We're going! Yay!
Can you feel the love?

8 comments:

Fancypants said...

My electronic thermometer is broken :-( , I too love the Kirkalnd wipes, I want your washing machine, Ilove your blog too & hopefully it makes you feel better to know I have conversations in my head as well, de-tangler is THE BEST - boys just don't understand, can't comment on the photo editor but I'll take your word on it, haven't been to the state fair in quite a few years. Have fun and enjoy your veggies!

Kim said...

I hated the ear thermometer, it never worked right. I need to get me one of those like yours, but we rarely need it. And guess what, boys need No More Tangles too! As the mom of a boy who wants longish hair, it is a life saver. And I also covet your washing machine. Mine just hasn't died yet, darn it. Have fun at the fair tonight!

cathy said...

Love, love, love my temporal thermometer too! Other things on your list struck a chord with me as well, but the thermometer - well, I can't live without it anymore!

Oh - and love your blog too! ;-)

Linda said...

Anyone who hasn't had a conversation in their head is missing out! I hope you have a good time with the veggie tales. There really are a lot of wonderful things out there to make life more pleasant. --and it's so good when someone appreciates them. Mom:)

Helen said...

That's quite the list! Thanks for the reminder of those little pleasantries in life. "These are a few of my Favorite Things," anyone?

I've never tried a temporal thermometer before. Is it more accurate than an ear thermometer?

I also love lavendar / vanilla Downey. :D Although lately for a change we've been using white lavendar / sandlewood Snuggle, and I love that too.

Kirkland cleaning wipes rock! I like the scrubby surface on them, and how big they are. Now I just need them in a purse pack, for those dreaded public toilets!

I also love my front-loading washing machine (Samsung). It's so big and quiet, and the clothes come out so much cleaner than our old top-loader. It's quiet, too! Now I just need a quiet dryer to match. :)

Since I homeschool, my kids have to listen to my rantings instead of you all on a blog. ;)
(Not that you rant, but I would.)

We love L'Oreal Tangle Tamer, though it's getting harder to find since Wal-Mart stopped carrying it. Thankfully Rachel has outgrown that stage. (You know, the one where they scream bloody murder every time you try to brush their hair?) Rebecca isn't too bad if I let her brush it first, thankfully.

Yeah for Veggie Tales! Have fun. :)

femmesavante said...

Oh.... I don't know how i have forgotten about Johnson & Johnson detangler! I am definitely going to put it on my shopping list for next week!

Have fun at the fair! I'm sure the kids will love the VeggieTales Show!

Rachel said...

Helen, the temporal thermometer is supposedly more accurate. (It is supposed to be as accurate as the dreaded rectal reading.)

It takes 2 seconds to do and you just drag it along their forehead. It is crazy easy.

Oh and no probe covers!

And...they have it at Costco!

Anonymous said...

mmm...just thinking about lavendar vanilla and soft warm blankets makes me happy, i am going to have to try that one. thanks for sharing the things you love.