Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Ear Infection Help?

It has been about 5 years since I last dealt with an ear infection. So, really, I don't remember much.

How long does it take for the antibiotics to work? When should Ella be feeling better?

She is pretty calm all the time, so her behavior is not a good indicator. But she still seems to reach up and hold her hand at her ear a lot. And she wakes right up when I lay her in the crib.

She's halfway through day 9 of 10 days of antibiotics. Shouldn't she have gotten over the majority of symptoms by now? Should I take her in for an ear check? Honestly, I kinda hate going to the doctor's office for no reason (which is why I am grilling all of YOU as to what to expect on all things ear-infection related), because I worry we'll go in with a healing ear infection and come out with brand new stomach bugs, colds and conjunctivitis bugs for our very own!

So what's your vote? On the road to health? Or antibiotic not doing its job?

4 comments:

cathy said...

She should feel better a couple of days into the antibiotics. Ben usually felt better within a day of antibiotics unless it was a really bad infection. Yes, if you're on day 9, take her back in.

Good luck!

Melissa said...

I'm with Cathy. You should definetly notice a differnce after 48 hours. Parker was always hard to read too. I always went with my gut on taking him in - even if wound up just being for piece of mind.

Good Luck!

Cynthia said...

Steve isn't around to ask, but I would definitely take her back in and/or call your doctor. Most kids feel totally recovered by day 8. That just doesn't sound right.

agmon said...

the best thing against Ear infection or swimmers ear is the eardoc. With the Eardoc there relay inst any problem. as it is non invasive and it treats the problem and not the symptoms
www.eardoc.info