Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Memories...part 2

I was reading a friend's blog about their church experiences with children (those of you who have children at church know the experience-type I am talking about.)

And it reminded me of such a funny story.

Let's all cast our minds back to last Primary Program, shall we? About a year ago.

Songs were perfected. Lines were memorized. And practices were completed. The big performance day was here.

McKay had a little line about following prophets (or something...) He got up at his appointed time and Darwin and I leaned forward, wondering if he would say anything. Oh, he did!

But instead of admonishing the congregation to follow the prophet, he stood confidently at the microphone and said, "I'm very honored to be running for president, I promise to do the best I can." And then he sat back in his seat.

So, there you have it, folks. If you're not satisfied with your current presidential choices, you have another option. McKay for President! He promises to do the best he can.

What other politician offers that promise?

9 comments:

Kim said...

I've been wavering back and forth on who to vote for. Maybe I'll just vote for McKay.

Cathie said...

McKay gets my vote!

Kathryn said...

Oh, what relief! FINALLY someone I can vote for with confidence.

McKAY FOR PRESIDENT! :)

Do we get signs for the yard?

Jen said...

He has my vote!

Fancypants said...

Can't...stop....laughing...must...wipe...tears.....How did we miss that one? I guess we were out of town that week. I look forward to this years campaign speech.

Anonymous said...

That's great!! I wish I would have been there... He definitely gets my vote!!

Rachel said...

Oh yes, I will get Hannah right to work on the sign-making department right away.

Do ALL the signs have to be spelled correctly? And hmm, do you think Crayola marker will run badly when it rains?

Melanie said...

Oh my goodness, that is hilarious! I glad we could inspire you to write this.

Sarah said...

He's got my vote!!!