Sunday, July 13, 2008

Are you all jealous?

Well, you should be. ;)

Yesterday was so much fun. We had our good friends the Winters over and we had a real summer shebang. We BBQed burgers on the grill, made homemade root beer (wow, it turned out GOOD!), and made homemade ice cream.

Oh, you're jealous of the menu? No no, that was not what I meant.

Here is the part that is the jealous part. So Christie and I got to chit-chat, swap tips for Photoshop and camera workings, and just enjoy having some wonderful adult interaction that we often miss out on during the day-to-day with so many little kids. All the while those awesome men we married were in the back with all the kids (eleven in the house at one point...our 5, their 4, and 2 neighbor kids) cooking, mixing up root beer and ice cream and chatting. AND at the end of the evening, the men pretty much supervised the kids cleaning up the playroom and their bedrooms and did a major portion of the kitchen clean up too.

Did we marry great guys or WHAT?

Ok, you can commence with the jealous now. ;)

4 comments:

Alison said...

If I wasn't married to mr. wonderful himself, I really would be jealous. Afterall, I trained my brother well. ;-) J/K
sounds like fun!

Linda said...

How wonderful and special that you had a great opportunity to relax and enjoy with your friend and that the guys took care of the kids and food! Mom:)

Kim said...

I had a comment all written out and the computer erased it. Grr. Thanks for letting Jonathan crash the party. Now I know why he wanted to stay. You had ice cream and a ton of kids to play with.

Cynthia said...

I was already jealous at the homemade rootbeer and homemade ice cream. Yummy!