Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Update on Hannah and the bus

Hannah gets to ride the bus with her brothers. If they are both absent one day, then I will have to drive her, but that is not a huge issue.

This will make it a lot easier on me. I won't have to drop Hannah off and then park, and take Michael, McKay, Garrett and Ella to McKay's classroom everyday to drop McKay off. McKay won't have a fit at school everyday as I leave. Overall, I think this will work nicely.

Besides, I do admit I am fairly spoiled. I get to have the bus come to my doorstep and pick my kids up for school. Ya know, that's what I keep perpetuating the autism fraud. (Continuing my eyerolling at Michael Savage.)

Hannah is thrilled that she gets to ride the bus to school. We are so close to the school that we figured she would always be driven or walk. But she'll get to ride the bus until she is in 4th grade and then for 7th and 9th grades. Kinda nice.

3 comments:

Alison said...

You're soooo spoiled. What parent wouldn't perpetuate the "autism fraud" for that kind of service! ;-)
How fun for Hannah to be able to ride the bus with her big brothers!

Cynthia said...

Glad that issue is figured out.

We are spoiled too, because Kaitlyn gets to ride the bus and it picks her up at her house. I love that!

cathy said...

Yippee! Hannah will have so much fun riding the bus to school with her brothers!