Friday, July 11, 2008

Just a sweet kid picture

He IS wearing clothes. It was a swimming suit. We went to the pack meeting at the park. It was a water activity. But McKay decided about 15 minutes into it that he was going home. So Darwin watched the other kids and I walked home with McKay. He sat on one of the rocks in the front for quite awhile, and I practiced using the manual mode and trying to get the right exposures. I think we both had a lot of fun.

McKay is kind of a tricky model, because he has a hard time looking right at people, so he is always looking off into the distance. He also is NEVER ever still. So focus is a challenge. I also learned that, if left to its own devices, my camera will invariably choose ears to focus on. So I have to take control and tell it I want the EYES to be the center of focus. It's all interesting to learn. McKay kept telling me, "A model has to stay very still." I think he got that from Max and Ruby.

Besides, it is probably a good idea to always have a clear, very current picture of McKay on hand...just in case.

4 comments:

Linda said...

What a great picture of McKay. It's so good to see his smile captured on film! Grandma R

Cynthia said...

You're so funny! The pic turned out really well. McKay looks like he was the perfect model for your practicing.

Alison said...

I love the pic of McKay. I think you captured him well!

Melissa said...

He is such and handsome boy Rachel! Great picture.