Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tagged...again!

This one is from Kathryn. Mostly fun...but a little embarassing. But all in the name of entertainment, right?

Picture Blog Tag.
The rules are you have to take ten pictures of the following things. And you have to do it right away. No straightening, cleaning or wiping your child's nose. Then you tag five others.

1. The fridge -



2. The closet - Messy. But it's small, so one does what one must. (I also could not get the whole shot, because Ella's crib is in our room, and it blocks easy access to my closet.


3. A self portrait. Ok, I seriously could not do this one. I hate taking pictures of myself and I looked DREADFUL. I had had 5 extra littles over today, it was hot and humid and I looked frightening. I tried to be a good sport, but I about cried at the thought of me with no make-up, hair frizzed to death by the humidity, sweaty...I just could not do it. You all still love me, right? Me and my aparantly fragile psyche?

4. Your favorite room - Our bathroom. We tore it to shreds (or to two-by-fours) with our friends and redid it our way. Other rooms are on the agenda (and we did redo the downstairs bathroom and the floors, etc.), but this is my favorite so far.


5. The kitchen sink - Ok, good thing I have to bleach it everyday. It is scratched and needs to be replaced (the kitchen cabinets, counter, sink and faucet are on the agenda next to be redone--we even have the faucet purchased), so it needs to be bleached everyday or it gets icky-looking and I worry about the bacteria the scratches could harbor. Still, boring and ugly.


6. The laundry room - aka, the downstairs bathroom. But look at all the laundry I did today. The piles on the washer are the kids' clothes and the basket is linens and socks.



7. The toilet. Man, you guys are lucky. I have to clean it about twice a day, with all the boys (one potty-training) and all the little kids over. This could have been baaaaad.



8. What are your kids doing right now? When the pictures were taken, the 4 oldest were at with my brother and mom looking at floats for the 24th of July (hence me checking blogs, seeing I was tagged, and taking pictures...), so this is Ella.


9. Your dream vacation - I am dying to take the kids to Disneyland again. They LOVED it when we went a couple of years ago. They are older and I would love to see their faces. (A close second is Washington DC again, just like when we went for Darwin's job training...a big 3-bedroom apartment, a minivan, etc. 7 weeks to hang out and look around...but NO crazy floor guy.)



10. Your favorite shoes - My NEW ones. I rarely get new shoes, so I like them when I get them! Otherwise, it is NO shoes. Even on hot streets.


Ok, so usually when I tag people, they don't do it. So I will just say whoever wants to do it, please do.

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

HOORAY! How fun (LOVE LOVE the re-done bathroom!!) that you could play along. :)

And I totally understand the frazzled life that leads to "DREADFUL". Really. The difficulty lies in when they grow older, need far less supervision, etc, and you STILL look frazzled & dreadful. Sigh. Some days are just frazzly kind of days.

And of course, we all still love you, fragile one. (wink!)

Cynthia said...

Wow, your house looks very much in order. I am definitely not brave enough to do that one!

Rachel said...

Hee hee, this tag kind of gave a skewed perspective. I knew Michael's little friend and her mom was coming, so stuff like dishes, toilets, etc. were done. My mom also came over to pick up the kids, so I made sure the toilet was presentable, in case she had to go before they left.

If it would have asked to see the playroom, say...HA! Um, it would have been bad. 9 kids playing all day in there? Tornado would have been a mild sentiment for that room.

Bekah said...

This one was too fun to pass up! I should have been studying, but I did it anyway. :) I love that bathroom, too! Great job!