Friday, July 25, 2008

WHY am I up so late?

Michael is off sleeping at my mom's house. He went golfing with her and Uncle Darick and drove the golf cart to boot.

Hannah is sleeping at Darwin's mom's house at the girl cousin sleepover. They are playing with the new/old dollhouse Grandma renovated and getting a pedicure.

McKay fell asleep happy after we found a lost Eric Carle book and Teletubbies video while cleaning the basement tonight.

Garrett is asleep after a long day of potty training, with some forward momentum.

Ella is also asleep, cradled in daddy's arms as he checks the internet on the other downstairs computer.

I have been so tired all day I felt like I could barely breathe. My eyes just wanted to slide closed and my brain felt like my computer when it updates and pops up those messages "Your brain needs to restart. Brain will shut down in 4:59. Restart now? Restart later?" and I had to incessently mentally press "restart later" all day long.

So the real question is...what on EARTH am I doing sitting up at 12:34 am?

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

I've been there so many times! I think we psyche ourselves up for "the perfect night's sleep" and then our brains just can't let it happen...or something like that.

I hope tonight is better. :)

Kim said...

I had no energy whatsoever yesterday. The heat maybe? I hope you feel better today.