Saturday, July 5, 2008

Fourth of July!

This was a really fun year. For the last couple years, I was the ward activities committee chairperson. Fourth of July was one of the big activities and so I would be up until late at night prepping the stuff for the big 4th of July breakfast and then we would be up at about 4 am to save the park and set up the slip and slide and start cooking breakfast.

This year...I just got to ENJOY! It was nice.


Garrett was completely unsure of the slip and slide. He did go down once. He preferred the playground.

Hannah loved it and went over and over. Even once, she got caught in a crush of crazy, teenaged boys. She was rather unhappy to have gotten smushed between all of them.
















McKay went down a couple times but he preferred to stand in the puddle on the basketball court.

Michael also went down a bunch, but he went over earlier with Darwin and I was home waiting for the kids to wake up and I got them ready and sent them over as they woke up. SO I didn't get any pictures of Michael, because he walked back home before I got over.




McKay went down a couple times but he preferred to stand in the puddle on the basketball court.

Michael also went down a bunch, but he went over earlier with Darwin and I was home waiting for the kids to wake up and I got them ready and sent them over as they woke up. SO I didn't get any pictures of Michael, because he walked back home before I got over.



Ella mainly just sat in the stroller or in my arms and watched the goings-on and enjoyed. It was not too hot and kind of overcast, so it felt really nice outside.

Then later that evening we went to Darwin's sister Alison's house and had delicious BBQed pizza ala Steven. (If he wasn't such a successful professional, I would totally reccomend that he open a restraunt. He is a great cook!) Then we did fireworks.

What a fun day!

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

What a fun ward actvity! IT seems weird to see the kids going down the slides early in the morning. It was too cool here all day to think of getting wet (kind of unusual for the 4th!)

Alison said...

what a fun ward activity. how do they make the slip in slide?

Rachel said...

It is a reinforced builder's tarp and then we put it on the hill of the park and we use water from the backyard of the houses adjacent to the park.

Kim said...

Sounds fun! I hope they're still doing the ward party next year. The parade just gets worse every year so we're not going anymore. Oh, and I LOVE that picture of Ella. So cute!