Friday, October 10, 2008

Big Night Out!

That's right. Darwin and I got all gussied up, got a babysitter (thanks Mom R) for all of the kids except Ella, and went out and painted the town red.

What did we do? Oh, are you ready for this?

We headed down to the B.Y.U and attended the CHEMICAL ENGINEERING BANQUET!

Hey! What's that eye-rolling about? Don't you LIKE hearing about McCabe-Thiele graphs and distillation columns over dinner? No?

Well, actually that part was only a tiny fraction of the evening. Lots of it was chatting with old friends and teachers (hey Sarah, I totally loved seeing your mom and dad. It's a highlight of my year to see them at the dinner each year), listening to fabulous talks by church leaders, and eating a REALLY nice dinner catered by BYU. (Hey, I'd just go for the BYU Ranch dressing, really, but they have even better prime rib.) We sat by old friends Erik and Gianna and chatted much of the night away.

So, yes, even though you don't realize it, you all should want to go to the chemical engineering homecoming dinner. Odd as it sounds, it is a really fun evening.

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

YEA for you! I love a "Big Night Out".

Cynthia said...

Ah, BYU ranch dressing! Don't they also have really good rolls?

Markell said...

We went to the Physics one last year and took all the kids--we all loved it. I'm sad we missed it this year. :( Maybe next year.

cathy said...

Aw, I miss those kind of events. People around here would look at me like I'm an alien if I even mentioned McCabe-Thiele! (Points for you for even remembering what to call the graphs!)