Saturday, October 11, 2008

Eight

Eight favorite TV shows
1. Lost
2. Dancing with the Stars
(After this, they are not shows I watch regularly, so I am kinda sketchy.)
3. Pushing Daisies
4. The Office
5. Jeopardy (heh, I'm a nerd, yes.)
6. Fetch, with Ruff Ruffman
7. Sid, the Science Kid
8. Word Girl

Eight favorite Restaurants
1. Cafe Rio
2. Applebees
3. Olive Garden
4. Chili's
5. Wingers
(And again, after this, there are not many restraunts I go to, so it is a little more of me stretching.)
6. BYU Creamery (Mmm, I like their veggie sandwiches. And, of course, the ranch dressing.)
7. Costco Snack Bar (Mmm, the pizza. Mmmm, the salads.)
8. Panda Express (when I am pregnant, I always seem to crave Chow Mein.)

Eight things I did yesterday
1. Went with Darwin to the ChemE Homecoming Dinner
2. Played with Garrett and Ella all morning
3. Lots of laundry
4. Dishes
5. Bathrooms
6. Vacuuming
7. Tried to compress the video I'd take of McKay (unsuccessfully.)
8. Read a few chapters for Book Club (my house, Oct. 16th, 8:30...We're reading The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis.)

Eight things I love about fall
1. The colors
2. The kids playing in ALLLLLLL of our leaves
3. The cooler weather
4. No lawn mowing!
5. Cute kids' clothes. Sweaters, jeans, fleece, rain boots, and the like.
6. Driving in the canyon to see the pretty leaves
7. The thrill of rain or snow. (It's still thrilling in the fall. Much less so by March.)
8. All of the fun Fall activities the kids do for school. The cornmaze, dressing up for Halloween, the Fall Carnival...

Eight things I look forward to (I am in an odd state lately, where I am trying to not "look forward" as much, and sort of enjoy the moment...so this is tricky.)
1. A family trip next summer. Probably Disneyland.
2. The kids at Christmas, that's always fun.
3. Going to Costco. I always love Costco.
4. Taking the kids to BYU and showing them around. The littlest 2 have not been yet.
5. BYU game days
6. Dressing the kids on Sundays. I love the chance to get them all dressed up.
7. My fruit trees being mature enough to bear more fruit.
8. Funny things the kids say. (I totally am always looking for the next funny thing. In fact, McKay recently told me, "Our conversation is over." Well, ok then.)

Eight things on my wish list
1. More speech therapy and OT for McKay and OT for Michael
2. Either a house with bigger bedrooms or the basement finished
3. A Canon 40D and the 70-200mm telephoto lens and probably a macro too. (Yes, this is a BIG wish.)
4. Photoshop CS3
5. New kitchen cabinets and countertop
6. New presidential candidates
7. More patience
8. A maid!

Eight people I tag: (Sorry, couldn't keep it to 8)

1. Christie
2. Bekah
3. Cynthia
4. Kim (so you are double tagged, by Jenny and I.)
5. Kathryn (same with you.)
6. Nancy (you too)
7. Alison
8. Melanie
9. Ruth
10. Cathie
11. Mary (both Marys)
12. Markell

3 comments:

Kim said...

If I'm double tagged, does that mean I have to come up with 16 things?

Adrian said...

Rachel...I found your blog! hope you dont mind. It is darling. Also, it helped because I was typing up ann. for RS, wondering if there was a book group...thinking I should call you...then I found this. Easy, and I got the info I needed. Thanks. I will be checking back often to see your cute life in pictures!!

Cathie said...

I will give it my best try!!!!