Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Overheard x2

Garrett (walking in the door): "Scientist in the houuuuuuuuuuuuuuse!"

(Yep, we like Sid the Science Kid here.)

And for your reading pleasure, yet another Overheard from yesterday. We were a-laugh-a-minute, I tell ya.

McKay (as visitor came into the house): What's your name? (He does know her name, but was just asking.)

K (the visitor): My name is K, how are you today McKay?

McKay: It was nice to meet you, now go away.

Now, at the time I very quickly told McKay that was not a polite thing to say. I kept a very serious face and instructed him that he should say, "Please come in and have a seat."

But here on my blog I can chuckle a little.

Hee hee.

5 comments:

Trimble said...

And I'll join in on the chuckling. :)

Kim said...

Your kids say the funniest things.

Melanie said...

You didn't finish the story. What did he say next to your instructions?

Rachel said...

Too true Mel.

With McKay if we say, "Say this" or "Repeat after me" he'll do it pretty much immediately. He's been in speech therapy so long he doesn't even question usually.

So it is just a constant reinforcing of what the rules and expectations are.

So yeah he did say, "Come in and have a seat."

Teri Le said...

You need to publish a "McKayisms" book