Friday, October 3, 2008

Our family portrait


Psyche! (Thought I'd flaunt my age there.)

I have tried and tried to get all FIVE kids into ONE picture. It has not happened. 1) Darwin works late and so there is not good light when he is home to help me wrangle. 2) McKay likes to walk out of pictures. 3) Ella is unsure of being held by siblings when she can see Mommy clearly in front of her. 4) Michael is done with attempted pictures approximately 7.2 seconds after the aforesaid attempt begins. 5) Having all 5 kids clothed at the same time has proven to be an insurmountable challenge.

So, when I saw the four rubber boots outside my door, I could not resist adding Ella's little boots, thus insinuating that I DO have 5 children.

So, if you come into my house and see this picture displayed as a family picture, you'll know why. :P

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is way TOO TOO CUtE!! I love it! And Ella's little boots are so cute and feminine.

Bekah said...

hee hee hee ... I so understand ... the only way I can get a pic of all the kids is with Clone Wars on ... lol

Kim said...

That is a cute picture. I would frame it. Maybe if you take a picture of everyone individually in front of the same background, you could photohsop them somehow into a family picture.

Sarah said...

This picture is so cute!! Your pics seem to be turning out really nice. I found out about a really cool blog for photography and Photoshop. Go to www.thepioneerwoman.com

Rachel said...

Hee hee, check my favorite blogs links Sarah! I love her too!

cathy said...

That is SUCH a great idea! Wonderfully creative, and wonderfully executed.

Megan said...

Cute and creative.

Kathryn said...

Cute! Cute! Cute!

Can't you just see this photo in Real Simple magazine?

You are talented, my friend.