Thursday, October 16, 2008

Our Home for Wayard Kitties

Our kitty McGonagall came to our house as a stray and six years later, he's still here. We love him and he is such a wonderful fit for our family. I'm actually allergic to cats, but he's always been fine for my allergies.

Suddenly, there is a new kitty hanging around. I would guess it is probably between 6-9 months old. Not a brand new kitty, but not full-grown. It is hanging around more and more. It comes and eats McGonagall's food (but it is not the big cat that keeps picking on McGonagall.) Then it stays to play with McGonagall. It will jump and flip and climb all the trees and generally make a pest of itself to McGonagall. McGonagall will give it an old cat "look" and then it will flop over on it's back and play nice.

So the first question is..does anyone from the 'hood know if this guy belongs to anyone? He's very sweet. The kids are all falling in love with him and even McGonagall seems to be tolerating him.


The next question is, how likely do you think it is that we end up with another kitty if this one doesn't belong to anyone? I'm such a sucker. But gosh, winter's coming.

P.S. If I thought it was hard to chase babies, toddlers, and kids with autism for pictures...they ain't got nothin' on a kitten.

2 comments:

Mary Denton Taylor said...

We've been wondering the same thing as my kids have taken a liking to him/her. (haven't checked, have you?) Jessica mentioned she thought he belonged to someone so maybe I'll ask her. He is a cutie, huh? I've been trying to convince Adam that he'd be a good fit and Adam gives ME the old cat look! lol I hope book club went well tonight. I was just feeling crummy.

Rachel said...

I've asked all up and down the street and thus far, no one knows WHO he belongs to. I just have no idea. He seemed a bit skittish at the beginning, so I kind of wondered if he was possibly a stray, because he sort of had that "on-guard" behavior, but I don't know if that is just young cat behavior, perhaps?

I'm gonna start looking on the second street, because he's been inside our house nearly all day and half the time I don't even know it (he darts in when the kids open the door), so I would feel real bad if I was "stealing" someone's cat. :D

Oh and book club was so fun! CS Lewis is a great springboard for uber-interesting discussion.